Queen of the Grue

Queen of the Grue

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Why I am Called The Queen of the Grue

Here are some comments about my writing. These are from critiques I received. The Roxan is me. People like spelling it different ways-I don't know why. I don't chime my own bells with my writing. I write what I write and one can either like it or hate.

How do I come up with my ideas? Life, dreams, wishes, nightmares, and a really morbid imagination. I love horror for the way it makes the hair rise on the back of the neck. The way it makes you lift up your feet so nothing can grab them and the way it makes you think it might be better to leave a light on.

Oh Roxanne, this is particularly delicious. You've put so many warped images into head that I just wanna say...thanks!

Wow. I am very impressed, very morbid but happy at the same time. I like it!

I would not be surprised if you came out as a screenwriter. I know I've said this before but I really think you would be brilliant at it.

Great grotesque imagery! You really are the Mother of Mood.

Darkly satisfying, Roxan, anointed Queen of the Grue.

Wow! Great imagery here. I can really visualize the scenes, I must be sicker than I thought!

I've called you the successor to Barker before, but the relationships between your characters remind me of Rice now. So far as I'm concerned, you have the best of both worlds. It's crossed my mind to do a gore-fest, but I know I'd pale in comparison to the Queen

This is some of your best work, Roxann. Seriously. You've got the voice down pat, and it's a great example of erotic horror.

I think the "no holds barred" approach your taking will unsettle some folks, which makes for great horror writing. Between the visuals and the psychological dissection of the characters that accompanies their acts, I think you'll definately be sharing your nightmares with some sleepless readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment