Queen of the Grue

Queen of the Grue

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Dear Diary February 17th

They say the Lord speaks in mysterious ways. I think he speaks pretty clearly myself and he has spoken loud and clear about my chartreuse dress. He hates it.

Bernice Williams stopped by with her two year old little boy, Zeke, who promptly ran over to the chair my dress was laying on and lost his breakfast all over it. Bernice felt really bad about it but Mama said it was okay.

I have to say it was satisfying watching the flames as we burned the dress in my backyard but it also meant I was back to having nothing to wear to the dance.

Mama and I looked in her closet to see if there was anything that I could wear. There was her church dress and the one she wore to funerals. Mama said she had something different in mind. She reached way back in the closet and pulled out a big flat box. Her wedding dress and when I tried it on I realized why Grandpap had called it a shotgun wedding and why Mama had always said I was at the wedding. Mama had a past and it explained a lot of the looks she got from the church ladies.

Mama says she can fix it and no one will know it was a maternity wedding dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment